twitter feed

Friday, October 14, 2011

Strike Day 3


Well I walked 10km today on the picket line. Actually the pace is relatively slow, but it saves my feet extra wear and tear.  We are waiting to see how the negotiations are going and hoping for some positive updates. The two sides agreed to have a conciliator come in to help with the bargaining. A conciliator meets with the two sides separately and then takes their point of view to the oppositions. Ironically in volleyball we call this position the captain. Bit usually between coaches and officials or athletes and coaches.
The team has our last exhibition games this weekend.  University of Regina is coming here to play.  This is going to be a tough weekend as I cannot be in the gym.  I mentioned to Becky and Ashley if Bailey the Bobcat (mascot) looks a little heavier than normal and starts signalling things go with it...
The coaches have done a great job and the team is working hard at getting better.  I really hope that this situation will create some leadership skills for the athletes, and bring the team closer together as they need to lean on each other more.  My dad taught me there is a positive in every situation, just some you have to search a bit harder for.
I have no idea of when the strike will end.  I am at the mercy of the negotiators.  I just have to figure out ways to help the team without being in practice.  Walking 10km a day will make me fit, so that my full time job and commitment to the girls.  GO CATS!!! Miss ya and Cheering for ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment